Monday, November 21, 2005

A Fashionable Good-Bye

I would like to thank you guys for your thoughts and input on my blog. It was interesting to learn different views on the topics I wrote about. I will continue to write on my blog about the areas of fashion I am passionate about. I know the assignment is over, but it would always be nice to continue to receive comments and suggestions in future about something you would like me to write about.

From what I have written about, you can see there are many aspects of fashion. It is not just what you wear, it can be who you are, where you are from, what your political views are, what your economic status is, etc.

If you ask me what my personal views of fashion are…well, where do I begin? Fashion to me is not all about being materialistic and about wearing high-end designers, and being trendy. I on other hand cherish the true art behind the making of the clothing creations. For example, the sari, which is a thousands of year old creation, is amazing. It can be made of intricate pure gold and silver threads, with hours and hours hand embroidery work.

Fashion is beautiful history; it is amazing to see what the ancient rulers have worn during their reign, the heavy gowns and priceless rubies. Or what about the art and messages that have been created by designers, it is not always about clothes, it is about what inspires people to think a certain way such as what makes social civility so important.

Finally, fashion is free to be whatever you want it to be, if you feel like looking like a queen, then so be it! If you feel like being simply au’naturel in organic cottons then wear it, do what you feel is right and most importantly wear what you think is right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home