Friday, September 09, 2005

Welcome!


Hello everyone!

Welcome to my blog! I would first like to introduce myself. My name is Reena and I am a senior(pheww!). I have two majors, one in fashion and the second in marketing. I have always had a passion for fashion, and as I learn more about this subject, I understand the true importance of it. Fashion is not just limted to being materialistic, it goes on to be much beyond that.
Fashion to me is a nonverbal communication in the society. Since it is impossible to truely know every single individual personally, we tend to make many connections at first by what they wear. By wearing certain clothes people may understand who the person is, what background they are from, or what type of music they like. For example, one of the past trends last couple of seasons were t-shirt slogans like: "Everyone Loves Jewish Girl", or "Italian Stallion". If a person were to wear either one of the shirts, people might logically guess that the person is Italian or Jewish. Ofcourse, there could be an instance where the people wearing those shirts are not Jewish or Italian, but what each shirt does have in common is that they make strong statements to society.
Now, a little bit more about my myself... I am now working with a highly reputable manufacturer in the textile industry. They produce all sorts of high-quality textiles (100% cottons, blends, polyesters, linens, etc) and other finished products such as men's and women's garments. I discovered them in India while I was on vacation. I have always been interested in designing clothes and they provided me with an internship to design some clothing in their women's line. It was a great experience and I am truely grateful for the opportunity they have given me. However, now I am part of their marketing team and I am working on a overseas project with the company. They are now trying to establish a distribution network in the US and if this becomes succesful I may have a great future with this company. I am learning a lot, understanding the details involved in achieving this task of setting up a network here and developing the right contacts. I am willing to try hard and will be here for the long haul...so wish me luck!
Note* The picture above is of a Myanmar woman in traditional clothing, it is an original context found on the following website: www.exotissimo.com/.../ intro/present-useful.htm

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good posting..make the font more visible...

Anu

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home